As I complete items on my Bucket List, I will be posting pictures/videos/anything I have to show what I've done. Here is the link to the blog with my accomplishments: Finishing My Bucket List

Monday, March 5, 2012

In Progress - Donate a Goat

My dad has always joked (at least I'm pretty sure he was joking...) that he wants to retire as a gentleman farmer and raise goats. I have a miniature schnauzer who looks kind of like a goat, so he says he sort of has a goat!



I don't think he actually wants a goat (and certainly not as a gift), so I think the next best thing is to donate a goat through an organization like Heifer in his name as a present. He'd like it because it's helping a family, and it's special to us because it's a goat. Right now, a goat from Heifer is $120, so it'll be a few years before I can actually get him his goat, but I really want to do this for him. I encourage everyone else to donate, as a gift or for yourself, and help somebody in the world.

UPDATE: I was reading through my list earlier and realized that, although this gift would be expensive (especially for a college student), I am still more than able to get him this gift now instead waiting a few years. I think I'll try to get it at least a month before Christmas, just to make sure, and just tell him about it and give him whatever they send me on Christmas Day, so my biggest problem is just making sure I can also get a special gift for my mom this year. *looking at bucket list* Problem solved! I wanted to make my mom (and other family members) a family cookbook, so I've started talking to my relatives about recipes and finding a site from which to print. Let's get this one checked off by the end of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment